- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Watch the video for this recipe:
If you are in search of an easy rich chocolate dessert search no more.. This Chocolate Terrine is the answer for you. A rich, dense, silky dessert that all chocolate lovers will adore. It has a very smooth, delicate texture and is equally delicious paired with fruit sauces, fresh fruit, cream or served just as is.
The recipe is very easy, similar in steps to the brownie recipe, except flour is excluded altogether and cream is used in the mixture to achieve a perfect creaminess and silkiness. It is a gluten free dessert, a decadent treat, perfect for sharing with your loved ones on Valentine’s Day. Enjoy!
- Makes about 10 servings
- Chocolate Terrine
- 10 oz (300g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate
- 1/5 oz (40g) semisweet chocolate, for tempering
- 2 oz (60g) milk chocolate
- Fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- For serving
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C). Butter the sides and bottom of aprox. 8 x 4 inches ( 1 liter capacity) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a medium bowl, over bain-marie, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat but keep the bowl over the water. Stir in the sugar and then remove the bowl from the pan.
- Incorporate cream and mix to combine and add salt.
- Then add eggs one at a time into the mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and place the pan into a larger pan.
- Pour hot water until about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the terrine for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- When serving it is best to let it sit to room temperature for about 20 minutes and cut into slices using a hot knife.
- Prepare chocolate covered strawberries.
- Melt 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate over bain-marie. Remove from heat and add 1.5 oz (40g) chopped semisweet chocolate for tempering. Stir until melted.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Optional you can melt milk chocolate and drizzle on top.
- Let the strawberries set to room temperature.
- Before serving decorate the terrine with chocolate covered strawberries and enjoy!