This Apple Oatmeal Bread is a delightful healthy treat that combines the wholesome goodness of oats with the sweet and juicy flavor of apples. This easy-to-make bread is perfect for breakfast or as a tasty snack. With a moist and tender texture, each slice is infused with the warm aroma of cinnamon and the natural sweetness of diced apples.
This apple bread is made without any refined sugar, using honey instead to add sweetness in a natural way. The oat flour has lots of fiber and important nutrients that give you lasting energy.
The bread is topped with chopped walnuts. As it bakes, they get a light toasting, adding extra crunch and a great flavor.
Try this delicious Apple Oatmeal Bread and enjoy a burst of comforting flavors in every bite. It is a healthy and satisfying choice for any time of the day.
How to make apple oatmeal bread
The recipe for this bread is easy and quick, and takes just a few minutes to prepare. You don’t even need a mixer for this, a whisk will be just enough. Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix oat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large bowl, use a whisk or hand mixer to cream together eggs with honey or maple syrup. Add butter, and oil and mix to combine. Add buttermilk and vanilla extract, and mix well to combine.
Gently fold in the flour mixture and set it aside. Peel and core the apples, then cut them into small pieces. Mix the apple pieces into the batter. Pour the apple batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the bread turns golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If it browns too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking. Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
Hope you will try this healthy apple bread and enjoy it as much as we did. If you do, don’t forget to share the photos with me on Instagram, as I would love seeing how it turns out for you.
Other healthy snacks you may like to try
These Baked Oats are a healthy and tasty way to start your day. Using simple ingredients like buttermilk, oat flour, bananas, eggs, and a bit of honey you can make a delightful treat that everybody will love.
This Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread is a yummy and healthy delight you can enjoy in the morning or as a guilt-free afternoon treat.
These Apple Hand Pies are a perfect blend of buttery crust and tender, cinnamon apple filling, creating a cozy and comforting experience. They make a great snack, on-the-go treat or dessert.
These Gluten-Free Crepes are a great twist on a classic favorite. They recipe includes a blend of oat and almond flour, offering a delightful flavor and texture. These crepes are not only delicious but also a nutritious way to start your day.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Eggless Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Refined Sugar-Free Breakfast Muffins
Apples and Oats Biscotti
Muffin Pan Popovers
Cheese Zucchini Muffins
Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Strawberry Dutch Baby Pancake
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
The Best Yogurt Flatbreads
Chocolate Swirl Milk Bread
Oatmeal Energy Bars
Sheet Pan Pancakes
Apple Crisp Pancakes
Twisted Pumpkin Bagels
Apple French Toast Roll-Ups
Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
Apple Oatmeal Bread – Healthy Refined Sugar-Free Apple Bread
- 1 ¼ cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup (150g) oat flour
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (6g) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2g) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (120g) honey/maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (40g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (40g) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) buttermilk
- 1 pound (450g) apples, about 2-3 apples
- 1/3 cup (35g) walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Lightly grease a 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine oat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk or an electric hand mixer, cream together the eggs with honey/maple syrup, butter and oil.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Gently incorporate the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into small pieces.
- Incorporate the apples into the batter.
- Pour the apple batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the bread browns too fast, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!