- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Bread - 4 Ingredient Bread
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie
- Tortilla de Patatas - Spanish Omelette - Tortilla Española
- Oatmeal Lace Cookie Cups with Whipped Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Jam
- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
Cheese Potato Pancakes
Watch the video for this recipe:
Here is another quick and easy potato recipe that you can either prepare as a side dish or simply as a snack. For these pancakes the potatoes are not cooked in advance but grated and squeezed well of any excess liquid. This step is really important to ensure getting delicious crispy pancakes on the outside.
Potatoes have always made a great pair with cheese and onion so these ingredients are a must as well. As for the spices besides garlic you can add any others you like best, like paprika, chili, herbs and so on.
These Cheese Potato Pancakes turned really great. Really crispy on the outside while the interior is soft and deliciously flavored. You should probably double the quantities as they go really fast. Everybody enjoyed them even the kids. They also can be a great idea for their lunch boxes or to take on the go. Enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted after sweetandsavorybyshinee
- Makes about 15 pancakes
- 2 pounds (900g) potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2g) garlic powder
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50g) oil, for frying
- Dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (20g) chili garlic sauce
- Use the large holes of the grater to grate cheese and potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you possible can.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add cheeses, onion, garlic powder, flour, salt, pepper and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Use an ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of potato mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3 or 4 patties at a time.
- Cook until browned about 4 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing sour cream with chili garlic sauce.
- Serve the potato pancakes while still warm.