Main Dish RecipesDessert RecipesBreakfast RecipesAppetizer RecipesBread RecipesSoup RecipesSalad RecipesDrink RecipesHealthy RecipesThanksgiving RecipesChristmas Recipes
Healthy, smooth and really tasty with crispy topping of bread crumbs and cheese.
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into small flowerets
- 2 or 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Sauce Ingredients
- 50 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 130 ml milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 basil leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50 g cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook the cauliflower flowerets for about 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Prepare the sauce. Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan stirring constantly. Add the basil leaf and garlic. Turn off the heat, cover and let infuse for about 10 minutes. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute then whisk in the milk a little at a time. Stir it until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, let it cool for few minutes then add the egg.
- Butter a baking dish and coat it with bread crumbs. Place the boiled cauliflower in it and pour the sauce all over it. Sprinkle with cheese on top. If you want it more crunchy, sprinkle some bread crumbs on top of grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200°C or until golden brown. Use grill function for the last 5 minutes.
Nutrition facts 1 Serving - Calories:241, Fat:15.4 g, Saturated Fat:9.6 g, Carbohydrates:19.0 g, Sugar:5.6 g, Fiber:4.0 g, Protein:8.7 g, Cholesterol:43 mg, Calories from Fat 139, Sodium 244mg,Vitamin A 11%, Calcium 18%, Vitamin C 112%, Iron 7%, Nutrition Grade B, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.