- Vegetable Egg Rolls - Fried or Baked
- Chocolate Terrine with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies with Chocolate Lace Cups
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Chocolate Mocha Fault Line Cake with Chocolate Sail
- Crispy Onion Rings
- Croque en Bouche or Croquembouche
- Spinach and Shiitake Mushroom Stuffing
Baked Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
Watch the video for this recipe:
Potato fries are known to be one of the most preferred side dish worldwide. Use sweet potatoes and bake instead of frying for a dish that is definitely healthier, full of nutrients and guilty free. For me this is one of the best way to accustom kids with sweet potatoes.
One of the most important steps to good and crispy sweet potato fries is to cut them evenly into ¼ inch sticks as much as possible. If you cut them too thick they might not turn crispy at all. Also, using a coating of cornstarch really helps to get extra crispy fries, as the starch absorb the moisture and help create a crispy crust while the interior remain soft and tender.
Serve the sweet potato fries with extra Parmesan on top and your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds (900g), about 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp (28g) oil
- 1/3 cup (30g) Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp (12g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (5g) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp (1g) dried basil
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (3g) mustard
- 2 tbsp (30g) sweet chili garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into ¼ inch (6mm) slices and then each slice into ¼ inch (6mm) sticks. Place the sticks into a large bowl.
- Add cornstarch, garlic,basil, cumin, salt, pepper, Parmesan and toss to coat. Add oil and toss until all sticks are well coated.
- Spread the sticks in a single layer into the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes,until golden brown and crisp, flipping the fries with a spatula after the first 15 minutes. If you bake the 2 sheets at the same time rotate after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and spread extra Parmesan if desired.
- While the potatoes are baking prepare the dipping sauce. In a small bowl combine sour cream with mustard and chili sauce and set aside until ready to use.